(Quantar Core) – Sunday afternoon saw the successful running of the Miners Day Short Track Shuttle Race and the Quantar medals awarded by Third Tahir Silar Tashawar.
Though open to pilots all factions, the racing pilots were primarily Quantar. Here is a quick run down of the racers and outcomes (each of which receive the Captain’s Commendation participation badge):
- Filzi – Notorious Octavian member of Unbreakable, and runner up by the tiniest of margins in July’s Solrain shuttle race, proved his past performance was no fluke by winning Sunday’s race handily, earning the Cesium medal.
- Kasia – Founder of the Good Shepherds came in second place for the Platinum medal, just nudging out…
- hifly – Antimony medal winner for his third place finish, and bearer of the torch for the legendary -=MACK=- haulers.
- Jalil – A well known DSS decryption merchant, flew the slower Storm shuttle and yet somehow led the race early, but lost track of the racing course midway.
- al_Hamalza – Finished in fifth place and was still celebrating his Optimus achievement that day by handing out Quanus Ice to all takers.
- Radar – did not finish due to a critical impact event with the Beacon midway through the course, and receives the Sarath’s Laughter medal for his efforts.
As a point of interest, the race on Sunday marked the largest known gathering of Gust shuttles seen since the “Nukes for All” protest held at Solrain Core back in AT 102 (file photo.)
For Saturday’s Pure Mining Contest, pilot Narada of Q-Mining PLC put on a clinic with over 140 pures mined, earning himself the Cesium medal and an unadvertised bonus of a CM-4 from event sponsor Venurian Prospecting Ltd. (Narada mined more than 2nd and 3rd place combined! And his time in the spotlight isn’t quite over yet…) Second place in the Pure Contest and a Platinum medal went to pilot hifly, with third place being a tie between al_Hamalza and Hammer-BS (both pilots getting the Antimony medal).
Tahir Tashawar also handed out two Quantar’s Flame medals. The first was to Narada, and the second went to tom-t. This medal is for pilots who demonstrate significant advancement along the Path of Roh either by their impressive and loyal piloting record or through some grand gesture benefiting the Qua’ it tahir.
Tashawar concluded the ceremony with a traditional Quantar blessing: May Hamalzah grant you the vision to see the Path, the courage to choose it, and the strength to walk it.
(Quanus) – Sunday’s short track race will be held at Ekoos Stop sector at 1900 UTC (find your local time).
The rules are as follows:
- Ships: PremiaXL vs Albatross vs Gust
- No artifacts. Yes FF.
- Albatross needs 1 unit of Machined Parts in cargo
- PremiaXL needs Mitoria engines and 1 unit of Cesium in cargo
- Gust needs Mitoria engines
The track is as follows:
- Start in Omni V gate (jump out, back in).
- Fly through the beacon (no BCU required).
- Fly through the large hollow common roid near the beacon (into any of its 3 entrances and out of another one).
- Fly through the docking tube of the Docking Computer CP and stop.
- The CP will stop your ship and tell you that you don’t have the right ingredients then eject your ship, if it does not do this, you have not pulled far enough into it. Note that this CP is out of radar range from the beacon, it lies between the Ring View and Quantar Gate jumpgates (both of which you can target).
- Dock at the Finish Line POS which is public and near the Docking Computer CP.
All participants will be awarded the Captains Commendation, 1st/2nd/3rd will be awarded the Cesium/Platinum/Antimony medals. (New medals.)
Second Tahir Sandokhan Neamru read The Parable of Karadron this year to open the Miners’ Days festival. The following is a recording of that reading:
by Kedra Brenari
(Quantar Core) After weeks of absolute news blackout regarding the upcoming major Quantar festival, the Tahirs have finally release a schedule. Insiders point to power-struggles between the Tahirs and a strong move to keep several of the ancient festivals traditions more dirtside-focused — a clear shift away from recent years where traditions like “The Blessing of the Shovels” was held concurrently in planetside temples as well as outside Quantar Core Station.
The three-day festival schedule released by the Office of the Third Tahir is as follows:
Day 1 – 115.9.4
- Commencement of the three-day Quantar Faction Mining Mission
- 12 noon UTC — Recital of The Parable of Kardaron (the Reading by Second Tahir Sandokhan Neamru will be available on UUNN)
Day 2 – 115.9.5
- 12:01a – 12 midnight UTC (i.e. all day) Pure Mining Contest — the pilots, Quantar or gefir, who mine-out the most pure asteroids during this 24-hour period will win awards.
Day 3 – 115.9.6
- 19:00 UTC Short Track Race — details here.
- Awards and Closing Ceremonies, hosted by Third Tahir Dr. Silas Tashawar, will follow the race.