(Quantar Core) Quantar pilot Hammer-BS is sponsoring a special Miners Days Mining Race on Sunday 120.9.6, running from 18:00 UTC to 20:00 UTC.
Full details on this race can be found on TRI-PLOG.
The Quantar Tahirs have agreed to award Cesium, Platinum and Antimony Medals for the top three contestants — and a Captain’s Commendation to all other participants.
(UUNN HQ) The full schedule for the upcoming Festival! holiday was released today, featuring a number of different holiday activities.
115.11.22 – Deadline for submissions to the Sarath V. Memorial Library’s Storyteller Contest and Library Lottery. (Submissions can be made to email@example.com until 12 midnight UTC on November 22.)
115.11.26 (Thursday) until 115.11.28 (Saturday) – Pure Mining Contest. Mine as many pures as you can during this period. The pilot with the highest number of Pure Asteroids mined will be the winner. The contest will run from Thursday at 00:00a UTC until Saturday at midnight UTC.
115.11.27 (Friday) @19:00 UTC – The Great Festival! Race. Equip a Tow and get ready to haul. You’ll receive a series of destinations and cargoes, with the race beginning at Solrain Core station and ending at The Wake station.
115.11.28 (Saturday) – Beer Fest. Every party needs some beer, so pilots will have a number of “beer-related” missions to take on. Watch the Faction Mission board on Saturday for details.
115.11.29 (Sunday) – Award announcements.
(Quantar Core) – Sunday afternoon saw the successful running of the Miners Day Short Track Shuttle Race and the Quantar medals awarded by Third Tahir Silar Tashawar.
Though open to pilots all factions, the racing pilots were primarily Quantar. Here is a quick run down of the racers and outcomes (each of which receive the Captain’s Commendation participation badge):
- Filzi – Notorious Octavian member of Unbreakable, and runner up by the tiniest of margins in July’s Solrain shuttle race, proved his past performance was no fluke by winning Sunday’s race handily, earning the Cesium medal.
- Kasia – Founder of the Good Shepherds came in second place for the Platinum medal, just nudging out…
- hifly – Antimony medal winner for his third place finish, and bearer of the torch for the legendary -=MACK=- haulers.
- Jalil – A well known DSS decryption merchant, flew the slower Storm shuttle and yet somehow led the race early, but lost track of the racing course midway.
- al_Hamalza – Finished in fifth place and was still celebrating his Optimus achievement that day by handing out Quanus Ice to all takers.
- Radar – did not finish due to a critical impact event with the Beacon midway through the course, and receives the Sarath’s Laughter medal for his efforts.
As a point of interest, the race on Sunday marked the largest known gathering of Gust shuttles seen since the “Nukes for All” protest held at Solrain Core back in AT 102 (file photo.)
For Saturday’s Pure Mining Contest, pilot Narada of Q-Mining PLC put on a clinic with over 140 pures mined, earning himself the Cesium medal and an unadvertised bonus of a CM-4 from event sponsor Venurian Prospecting Ltd. (Narada mined more than 2nd and 3rd place combined! And his time in the spotlight isn’t quite over yet…) Second place in the Pure Contest and a Platinum medal went to pilot hifly, with third place being a tie between al_Hamalza and Hammer-BS (both pilots getting the Antimony medal).
Tahir Tashawar also handed out two Quantar’s Flame medals. The first was to Narada, and the second went to tom-t. This medal is for pilots who demonstrate significant advancement along the Path of Roh either by their impressive and loyal piloting record or through some grand gesture benefiting the Qua’ it tahir.
Tashawar concluded the ceremony with a traditional Quantar blessing: May Hamalzah grant you the vision to see the Path, the courage to choose it, and the strength to walk it.
(Quanus) – Sunday’s short track race will be held at Ekoos Stop sector at 1900 UTC (find your local time).
The rules are as follows:
- Ships: PremiaXL vs Albatross vs Gust
- No artifacts. Yes FF.
- Albatross needs 1 unit of Machined Parts in cargo
- PremiaXL needs Mitoria engines and 1 unit of Cesium in cargo
- Gust needs Mitoria engines
The track is as follows:
- Start in Omni V gate (jump out, back in).
- Fly through the beacon (no BCU required).
- Fly through the large hollow common roid near the beacon (into any of its 3 entrances and out of another one).
- Fly through the docking tube of the Docking Computer CP and stop.
- The CP will stop your ship and tell you that you don’t have the right ingredients then eject your ship, if it does not do this, you have not pulled far enough into it. Note that this CP is out of radar range from the beacon, it lies between the Ring View and Quantar Gate jumpgates (both of which you can target).
- Dock at the Finish Line POS which is public and near the Docking Computer CP.
All participants will be awarded the Captains Commendation, 1st/2nd/3rd will be awarded the Cesium/Platinum/Antimony medals. (New medals.)