(Wake) – Sunday’s awards ceremony for Solrain’s Reconstruction Days Holiday held during a Tour of the Solrain Planets delivered some things mundane, some mildly interesting, and quite a few surprises.
- The Tour/Ceremony was conducted by Soria Speaker Demeter Garreth, even though this year’s holiday organizational duties (and campaign kickoff for her reelection bid next year) fell to the Amanra Speaker Cassia Verhal. Spaceborne activities were implemented by Assistant Tmolus Shaen of the STCC’s Cornea based Pilot Liaison Office. The tour began at Wake, flew through Cornea, and ended at Sol Core. Our dirtside sources on Amanra have hinted that Speaker Verhal was displeased that none of the pilot activities took place around her home planet.
- As part of the ongoing Factional/TRI awards system cleanup effort, a new set of competitive event medals (Cesium, Platinum, and Antimony Medals for 1st/2nd/3rd), and a new participation badge (Captain’s Commendation, named for frequent event organizer CaptainCow) were not yet available for distribution. Director of Public Relations for TRI-Corp, Elle Rodan, said “VVe had some unexpected technicae issues. Please have patience! All vvill be made effectua soon.”
- The following pilots will receive a Captain’s Commendation badge for participation over the weekend: Askume, Canuck, Elayne, hifly, FFK_Masssa, Filzi, Joker_GdI, MM_Massa, Narada, PodRider1, Radar, RedDwarf, Rosberg, Saroel, ShapeShift, and Sweithek.
- Friday’s short track shuttle race, held in Wake sector, had the following results: Cesium to Rosberg (squad Q-Racing), Platinum to Filzi (Unbreakable), Antimony to Radar (=ACME=)
- Friday’s station debris photo lottery: Narrow Canal to Radar (=ACME=); Outer Ring to PodRider1 (=ACME=).
- Narrow Canal debris was confirmed to be fragments of Soria’s old Bravo Class orbital station, catastrophically destroyed in 416 BT by experiments based on Samons’ jump research.
- Outer Ring debris was confirmed to be fragments of the Quantar Trade Depot destroyed by Hyperial in the Second GVB War, 86 AT.
- Saturday’s DSS Decryption Contest was won by Narada (Q-Mining PLC) who at the time of awards had the only contest entries earning him the entire purse. Askume (Kraken Guard) turned in late but fully restored translation of DSS #3. Both pilots were awarded the Seeker of Knowledge medal, and their work can be found in the comments section here. These decryptions may well have important implications. [Editor’s note: readers may rest assured that UUNN will be following up with experts in the related fields…for discs 1 and 2. The Baby Bits recipe bears no further investigation.]
- The Solrain Star was awarded to unsquadded pilot Elayne. Speaker Garreth received an updated awards list inflight from the office of STCC Premier Cristofore Parce that also included a Solrain Star for pilot -Dean- of SOL NAVY. Garreth had obvious difficulty giving the award to a member of the squad that as she said, “nearly cost [her] the election” and implied a political motivation behind the award.
- The “loop” of Faction Missions begun on at the start of the weekend have crept along at a pace that can only be called glacial, considering the strong payout. The Solrain sponsored Hyperial FM has outpaced the faction’s own Sol Core mission by a near 2:1 margin, breaking the “loop” theory, which is no doubt another embarrassment for the office of Pilot Liaison.