(UUNN HQ) The following events have been announced for the upcoming Festival! holiday which runs from 118.11.22 through 118.11.25 this year.
THURSDAY – 118.11.22
BEER FEST FMs
Every party needs beer, so pilots will have a number of “beer-sharing” missions to take on. Watch the Faction Mission board on Thursday for details.
Submit your favorite JG screen-shot or photo. Our judges will pick their three favorites and the submitters will receive a Keval’s Thanks medal and 500k credits. ALL other submissions will be published and submitters will receive a Captain’s Commendation. (Submit YOUR photo to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 118.11.25 at 12:00 UTC)
EVERY PICTURE TELLS A STORY
We’ll publish three pictures on UUNN on Monday 118.11.19. You pick one and write a story about it. What is the place in the picture. What happened there … or what will happen. What’s it’s purpose? What’s its secret? Is it past … present … or future? Let your imagination run wild! Make it long or make it short (minimum 3,000 words). Make it funny or make it tragic. It’s up to you.
Submit YOUR story to email@example.com by Sunday 118.11.25 at 24:00 UTC. If our editors select your story for publishing in the Sarath V Memorial Library, you will receive a Newtron Literary Award (aka “The Newt”) and 5 million credits.
The other Library sponsored Festival! contest is the already-announced Holiday Haiku. This is an easy-win. The only requirement is that it conforms to the Haiku structure — and is about one of stories published in the Library. (Click here for details.)
FRIDAY – 118.11.23
“TO BOLDLY GO …”
Go explore deep space for artifacts from 00:01 UTC TO 24:00 on Friday.* The pilots with the MOST artifacts found will win the following awards:
- First-place winner will get the Cesium Medal and an EB-3, 2, 1 stack
- Second place, Platinum Medal and an AB-3;
- Third place, Antimony Medal and an EB-3.
* Anyone interested in participating is encouraged to take a screen shot of their Pilot Stats (which shows Artifacts Found) before they begin. We’ll also be taking a master “stats snapshot” but this provides a useful backup in case something goes wrong.
TRI-TRAN-1 is loaded with treasure of all kinds — and it’s stuck somewhere far out in Unregulated Space. Because of the holiday, TRI will not be able to dispatch a search party until Sunday at the earliest — which means the derelict ship will be legal salvage!
So equip your ship with a big radar, an Insight and a Burglar. It won’t be easy to find, but the treasure in its hold will be well worth the trouble. You can search by yourself or organize a search party — but be careful who you invite … they might get greedy and try to double-cross you.
SATURDAY – 118.11.24
TRI TRIVIA CONTEST
A series of trivia questions will be release on UUNN (jgnewsnet.wordpress.com) by 10:00 UTC. Answers must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight (24:00) UTC.
The awards are as follows:
- All five answers correct: Seeker of Knowledge medal and 1 million credits
- 1 to 4 answers correct: Keval’s Thanks medal and 500k credits
- 0 for 5: Captain’s Commendation
If TRI-TRAN-1 has not been found, then the hunt for its treasure will continue! Be sure to keep an eye out for hints regarding its location.
SUNDAY – 118.11.25
Complete a mission – ANY mission from 00:01 UTC to 24:00 UTC on Sunday.* The pilots with the MOST completed missions will win the following awards:
- First-place winner will get the Cesium Medal and an CM-4, 3, 2 stack
- Second place, Platinum Medal and an CM-4;
- Third place, Antimony Medal and an CM-3.
All others with more than 10 missions completed will receive a Captain’s Commendation.
* Anyone interested in participating is encouraged to take a screen shot of their Pilot Stats (which shows Missions Completed) before they begin. We’ll also be taking a master “stats snapshot” but this provides a useful backup in case something goes wrong.
Times are subject to adjustment and additional events may be added, so stay tuned to UUNN for updates!